Tuesday, 11 July 2017

No More Rushing

“Strange, what being forced to slow down could do to a person.”
-Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

I no longer feel the urge to jot down the reviews of each book I read, nor have the strong desire to keep up a steady traffic to my blog. No, I've not abandoned my blog; rather, just slowing down the things.

Staying away from the blogosphere offered me a chance to silently observe the fellow bloggers, taught me one or two lessons and I chose to stick with a few options that suit me well.

♦ Blogging is my hobby. 'Lilac Diaries' is not a means to boost up/ self-promote any of my interests, but a small corner of the web, where I can freely(as long as it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings) pen down my musings and share it with the world. So, I don't see an absolute need to post regularly here.

♦ Writing on demand limits me from sharing actual feelings/opinions. I hate when it happens. Also promoting books I haven't genuinely enjoyed, doesn't seem right anymore.

♦ Finally and most importantly, it's often advised to slow down things and concentrate on what's most important, when the so-called 'life' happens. I can't bring myself to write when something nags my mind. Some leave this space for a while and some infinitely. And I totally understand that now.

One must write from the heart, so it feels genuine to the readers too. It's pointless otherwise, I reckon. 

So there! I said it. Do you agree with me? or need more clarifications? Please leave your comments below.

Until next time,
(Ria)

No comments:

Post a Comment